This beautiful golden metal cutout ornament celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Ohio Statehouse Renovation. (3 Square Inches) When completed in 1861, the Ohio Statehouse was the second largest building in the nation, (the U.S. Capitol being the largest). Built in the understated and uncomplicated Greek revival style popular in America at the time, the Statehouse expressed the much-admired qualities of simplicity and rationality. The Ohio Statehouse as originally constructed contained 53 rooms; by 1986 that number had grown to 317. The resulting maze of overcrowded office, cramped hallways, and blocked exits created the need for a major renovation which took place on Capitol Square from 1990 to 1996. We are celebrating the 20th Anniversary of that restoration. This ornament features the image on the invitation to the grand re-opening of the Ohio Statehouse and Capitol Square in July of 1996. The original artwork is a hand-colored illustration circa 1861. Standing in stark contrast to Columbus' modern urban skyline, the Ohio Statehouse gleams like an ancient Classical-age temple. Constructed of local Ohio limestone, the historic Ohio Statehouse, Senate building and modern Atrium rest in simple, monochromatic grandeur on a beautifully landscaped ten-acre plot collectively known as Capitol Square.